04 September 2006

A FILM COMMUNE REUNION OF SORTS

Joel and I got together this weekend to go catch my friend Shawn's play, An Adult Evening of Shel Silverstein, at the Indy Fringe Festival. Afterwards we joined Shawn, his cast and a couple of friends for dinner and drinks at MacNivens on Mass Ave.


While there, we ran into former comrade Lauren Smith who was in town for a friend's wedding. Joel and I hadn't spoken to each other in well over a year, nor had I seen Lauren since she moved to California, and then here we all were together again. It felt like a strange, cosmic coincidence that our paths had crossed in this Scottish-themed pub.


A few minutes later Joel and I crossed paths with a couple of belly dancers on Michigan Street outside the American Caberet Theater. A cosmic encounter? I think not, but it's still not a sight you see everyday in Indianapolis. Gotta thank the Fringe for that one.

No comments: