29 October 2006

HEARTLAND FILM FESTIVAL COVERAGE

Last week I recieved press credentials to cover the Heartland Film Festival for Inside Report, the webshow I co-host. (Thank you to Lisa Dudeck with three sixty group for hooking us up with that)


It was a good time. I enlisted the help of my friends Jill Thixton and Michael Drain to act as correspondents. They also attended the Filmmakers Media Reception on Friday on my behalf and found 3 filmmakers for us to focus on. They picked some good ones. Anna Christoper won a Jimmy Stewart Memorial Award on Saturday night for her film Queen of Cactus Cove.


Joel Nassan was another recipient of the Jimmy Stewart award for his film Wednesday. You'll be able to catch a clip of the film when the special airs. And finally we focused on Matt Ruskin, director of The Hip Hop Project, which won Best Documentary Feature.


The films were all fantastic. The awards ceremony was Oscar caliber, but I think the most fun was going out with the filmmakers. We took them bar-hopping along South Meridian on Friday night. Saturday night they took us to a VIP party at some penthouse in the Omni Hotel. Needless to say it was a very late night. I got home around 5AM Sunday morning and was unable to get up in time for the Filmmaker's Brunch which we were originally going to cover.


Be sure to check back here for updates on when the special Heartland Film Festival edition of Inside Report will air. Join my mailing list (see my email in sidebar) and I'll let you know when its up-and-running. Thanks again to Heartland, my friends Michael and Jill, and all of the filmmakers for their support and cooperation. It was a blast!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Chad,

Thanks for posting about the Festival; sounds like you guys had a great time! Funny...I was at that Penthouse party, too. :) The filmmakers were definitely the highlight of the festivities; aren't they awesome?!

You'll have to let me know when the Heartland episode of Inside Report is up; maybe we can figure out a way to feature it on Heartland's site.

Thanks again for the coverage,
Lisa
Web Administrator, Heartland Film Festival
ltrifone@heartlandfilmfestival.org